SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Set up, operate, and prove-out programs on a variety of equipment including, but not limited to; CNC mill (horizontal and vertical spindle), CNC lathe, manual mill/lathe and all other typical machine shop equipment
- Look critically at all part processes to drive efficiency and improve quality by interfacing with engineers and designers
- Program and machine high precision, quick turn projects as well as reoccurring production jobs with the same attention to detail
- Give feedback to engineers and designers, including early process reviews and receive feedback from customers to improve quality at the machine
- Enforce SpaceX processes, procedures and safety culture while working at company facilities
- Help train co-workers in the shop with a team mentality
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience running CNC mills or lathes
- 3+ years of professional experience reading G-code and programming CNC machines
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience running twin spindle, live tool lathe machines and/or mill turn machines
- 2+ years in a position of leadership
- Proficiency with typical precision measurement tools such as dial indicators, bore gauges, micrometers, calipers, and other common inspection tools
- Ability to diligently run multi-axis and multi-tasking programs
- Basic knowledge of cutting tools, as well as speeds and feeds for each, regardless of material type
- Experience with Fanuc, Hurco, and Haas machine tool controls
- Ability to read engineering prints, proficient interpretation of GD&T feature interpretation
- Basic knowledge and experience developing work holding and fixturing solutions required to complete quality, repeatable parts
- Experience with ceramic cutters in super alloys
- Experience with Mastercam
- Desire to work collaboratively across several teams as needed to complete projects requiring multiple disciplines
- Strong communication skills and a desire to help achieve company goals in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Possess a strong desire to help maintain shop cleanliness and organization, and maintain a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral, as this team will support FL launch site in the future
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs., standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Willing to travel for undetermined periods of time with limited notice
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to support project milestones
- 2nd Shift Hours: 3 PM - 11 PM
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.