SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Self-sufficient independent all-round technician performing preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on various equipment. A systematic problem solver that understands a high volume manufacturing environment and keeps the equipment running in optimal condition while collaborating with internal and external customers.
- Maintain and repair all assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Provide maintenance on various equipment such as ovens, furnaces, vacuum systems, composite ply cutting machines, epoxy dispensing machines, environmental test chambers, tubebending equipment, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems down to the component level
- Read and utilize schematics. (mechanical/ electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience with reading blueprints and correlating them to physical components
- 3+ years of maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing and production environment
- 3+ years of experience with repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintenance experience with Thermotron, Envirotronic, Mycronic, Unholtz-Dickie, and Acutronic equipment
- Maintenance experience with various welding equipment (robotic, electron beam, friction, etc.)
- Maintenance experience on gas and electric ovens, vacuum systems, environmental thermal testing, and ply cutting equipment
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician or field service engineer
- Experience operating a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Familiar with Lean or Six Sigma tools like Five Why’s Methodology
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of the problem and comes up with permanent solution to remedy the issue
- Ability to navigate, utilize, and close out work orders
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Capable of being forklift and boom lift certified
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds and working at heights
- Willing to travel. Up to 10%
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.