SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION CONTROL COORDINATOR – TUBE SHOP
The Production Control Coordinator is a critical position within our team. This role is responsible for serving as a liaison between all internal and external organizations to ensure that components and assembles flow smoothly through the production area to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location
- Ensure parts are handled, packaged and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Ensure that scans and location accuracy is maintained within the shop and SpaceX’s ERP system
- Coordinate with supply chain teams to ensure on-time delivery of piece parts and outside services as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Update and utilize metrics to drive results as applicable with production personnel
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Support management of material certifications as required – prevent use of un-certified materials
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience manufacturing or technical administration processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products
- Experience in organizing, creating, and maintaining files and documents
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted for some assignments
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required for some assignment
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.