SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TIG WELDER - LAUNCH VEHICLE SUBASSEMBLIES
- Responsibilities; GTAW Class A welds, Cut, trim, fit and fabricate metal components to dimensions for building and assembling.
- Collaborate with lead welder to ensure that the proper weld procedure, type of material and rod size are accurately assessed for each welding project.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of precision TIG welding experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years; experience in GTAW welding with one or more of the following materials; Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Inconel, Aluminum and Titanium.
- Highly proficient in tube cutting, grinding and fabrication.
- Highly experience in Class A welds.
- Certifications with AWS D17.1 and D1.2.
- Knowledge in DC welding techniques, and engineering requirements.
- Knowledge in standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade.
- Knowledge in occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge in arc air procedures and equipment.
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Must be open to working all shift hours, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.