SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Solutions Architecture)
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to drive innovating software solutions based on SpaceX strategic needs. In this role, you will engage with other SpaceX engineers and business units to identify the right problems to solve, develop a program plan and deliver highly reliable solutions that turn the mission into reality.
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you can master a program road-map; you are technical; you are able to seamlessly switch between program development and hands-on software development; you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Comprehend business strategies and develop necessary designs and plans to implement effective solutions to satisfy these needs
- Create strategic roadmaps and work with other software engineers to execute the project plan
- Build highly reliable software solutions for every part of SpaceX
- Analyze the outcome, usage, and adoption of delivered solutions to evaluate the actual impact to the organization
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience in program development or solution architecture
- Full stack software development experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development
- 3+ years of experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
- Proven history of creating innovative and effective solutions
- Proven history of managing large-scale program
- Expertise in C#, .NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Expertise in Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.