SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MATERIAL PLANNER – ROCKET & SPACECRAFT SYSTEMS
Material planning lies at the heart of SpaceX where our world-class rockets and spacecraft are built at an unprecedented rate. This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest. Working in close coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing departments, material planners execute effective organization management and supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. With all integration taking place in-house, material planners are able to see their assemblies come to life every day!
We are seeking planners with demonstrated experience in MRP (material requirements planning), supply chain practices, and project management. We need forward thinkers who can recover material shortages on purchased and fabricated parts by working cross-functionally to come up with creative solutions. One must also be able to analyze and interpret data and report to senior leadership to influence the organization. Help us build rockets reliably, cost-efficiently, and on-time!
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 1+ years of professional or intern/co-op experience in material planning, operations management, supply chain management, or master scheduling
- Experience with MRP or ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems, or with managing bill of materials and work orders
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of material planning experience
- Experience in a fast paced manufacturing/engineering environment
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification, Six Sigma certification, or similar certifications
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment, both independently and in a team
- Demonstrated efficiency in time management, interpersonal communication, and organization
- Strong skills in data analysis using Excel, SQL (Structured Query Language), and Tableau
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.