SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (2nd Shift)
- Pick, lift, organize, and move standard hardware, raw material, purchased parts, machined details, and assemblies to support inventory control for the F9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft production
- Assemble racks, look for parts, organize supplies, and any other tasks directed by inventory control lead and manager
- Perform picking function to create necessary kits of parts, material, and hardware as required and assuring that all parts are accounted for and available in kits
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Perform daily cycle counts
- Effectively utilize ERP system
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of inventory control experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience and understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Capability to operate a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work all required shift hours, including overtime, and weekends, as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.