SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY TECHNICIAN – SOUTH TEXAS
- Ensure environmental compliance with hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, including the Department of Transportation (DOT) shipping manifest and tracking of hazardous waste shipments
- Perform weekly storm water inspections per the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Enforce Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulatory hazardous waste handling requirements
- Manage spill response and prevention activities
- Perform environmental compliance and due diligence audits
- Perform other environmental tasks as assigned
- Health and Safety
- Identify, report, and mitigate workplace hazards, and unsafe conditions
- Monitor employee exposure to job and chemical hazards
- Assist in the implementation and compliance of site specific safety policies
- Coordinate with the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager and Lead to develop and implement new safety policies as required
- Assist in the creation of job hazard analyses
- Conduct and/or coordinate employee safety and environmental training programs and assist with emergency response training drills
- Perform safety surveys using inspection forms to ensure employees are utilizing safe work practices such as utilizing proper personal protective equipment (PPE), minimizing trip hazards, wearing fall protection, etc.
- Conduct daily health and safety oversight
- Assist with accident/mishap investigations when necessary
- 2+ years of experience implementing and overseeing environmental, health and safety policies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- EMT / Paramedic Certification / an active National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) or State of Texas
- Experience implementing/developing health and safety plans and policies
- Experience with emergency response crews in incidents involving hazardous and non-hazardous material releases to air, soil and water
- Ability to work in a construction/industrial environment
- Ability to communicate well with technicians and engineers
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- The ability to work in a high-concentration, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Position is subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.