SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a Porter at SpaceX, you will be interacting with our guests (employees), fellow staff members, and management staff in our private restaurant in a polite courteous manner. You will also help with restocking supplies and other duties assigned by kitchen management.
- Demonstrate sanitation and food safety practices consistently
- Help evaluate receiving spaces to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Follow company safety standards at all times and looks out for the safety of other team members and guests
- Coordinate job duties around other opening team members to help ensure efficient preparation for opening
- Put food order away accurately, rotate stock in cooler, freezer, and dry storage area using the first in-first out (FIFO) method while monitoring shelf life and code dates
- Maintain a basic working knowledge of the operation of all the equipment in the restaurant
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager on duty
- High school Diploma or GED
- 1 year of either restaurant experience, warehouse experience, and/or customer service experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- Porter experience
- Inventory experience
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Current and valid CA Food Handler’s Card or equivalent
- Ability to carry large heavy items unassisted such as large packages, dishes in tubs, or trays (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 8-10 hours a day
- Willingness to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.