SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Internal Fleet Driver
As an Internal Fleet Driver, your primary responsibilities will be the localized movement of aerospace production, test, and flight components between SpaceX and vendors within an approximate 100-mile radius of Hawthorne, Ca. using LTL (GVW under 26k) vans and flatbeds.
- Operates LTL equipment (GVW under 26k) including vans and flat-beds meeting all Federal, State, and Local transportation requirements and regulations
- Knowledgeable of DOT/CALTRANS/CHP/49 CFR requirements and regulations while operating Class-C LTL vehicle(s)
- Performs scanning of all items as required by SpaceX procedures to ensure product movement has proper traceability between SpaceX and vendors, as well as supporting functions for reverse logistics
- Responsible for ensuring packaging configuration and supporting documentation as offered by SpaceX or Vendor is sufficient to meet transport and SpaceX requirements
- Operates Forklift and Material Handling equipment necessary to maneuver and load their vehicles at SpaceX
- Loads and offloads their vehicle while securing cargo at all times in a manner that meets both product and transport criteria
- Takes driving route origin-destination direction from Internal Fleet Supervisor and communicates any issues with immediate supervisor and/or affected parties as needed
- Maintains driving records, product documentation (packing lists, BOL’s, Certs), and associated communications as required by department standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicle, fueling of truck(s), and timely reporting of any incidents, accidents, or near-misses to management team
- Collaborates with appropriate internal stakeholders to status time-sensitive movements as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a driving role in California utilizing a professional delivery vehicle
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Certification operating a forklift or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Hazmat certified
- Working knowledge of transport guidelines as defined by 49CFR including HazMat restrictions
- Class-C California driving operator’s license
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including overtime, and weekends, as needed
- Reading comprehension, multitasking, critical thinking, coordination
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.