SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
METAL SPINNING TECHNICIAN
- Set-up and operate a variety of CNC and/or manual spin lathe machines.
- Complete spin forming operations from both written (blueprint, manufacturing planning, etc.) and verbal instruction.
- Sustain machines via operator preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain material traceability from start to end of each process.
- Provide both written and verbal feedback with lessons learned and process improvement suggestions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a large machine operator or spin form technician.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Lifting and rigging experience.
- Heat treating experience (artificial aging, solution heat treating and/or annealing).
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions).
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to work all required shift hours.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime on normal business days, weekends, holidays etc. as necessary by the production schedule.
- Must be able to perform the following for long periods of time: standing, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, twisting, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be willing and able to tolerate loud noise levels, heat in order to perform the functions of this position.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.