TEST SPECIALIST - COMPOSITES
Our rapid growth has created opportunities for Test Specialists to join our Production Test group, supporting testing of components and assemblies of the Falcon and Dragon vehicles. The Production and Test group operates custom test stands and test fixtures, and Test Specialists are responsible for executing and recording results of test procedures developed by SpaceX. Depending on experience and capability, Test Specialist will have an opportunity to undertake a variety of tasks
- Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Perform tests according to procedure.
- Maintaining database of test results.
- Designing fixtures and adapters needed to perform tests.
- Provide Test Technician support for Production Test group.
- Setup and checkout of test hardware and instrumentation.
- Execute and run tests (static, pressure proof, leak, thermal, etc.) per test plan and document results.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with hand tools.
- Minimum 1 year of experience running tests.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge/experience with actuators and plumbing (Hydraulic/Pneumatic - both set up and operation of these systems).
- Some college coursework.
- A Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with pressure systems cryogenic (gaseous and liquid).
- Knowledge/experience with hydrostatic systems.
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and/or systems.
- Knowledge/experience assembling electrical connectors.
- Knowledge/experience of strain gage installation
- Experience running tests with Labview is a plus.
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed Up to 10%.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and weekend as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenber
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.