SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE PROPULSION TECHNICIAN
The satellite propulsion team develops in-space propulsion systems and is preparing to manufacture them at high rate. The technicians on this team are versatile, highly skilled, dedicated and efficient with their work. Each team member will wear several hats and will be asked to interface with different engineers each week. As the team transitions to high rate manufacturing, the technicians who have supported the development effort will be asked to help train and lead newer team members while continuing to help with continuous improvement and ongoing development efforts.
- Modify, repair, assemble, and install of a wide array of subassembly components
- Operate equipment such as drills, custom build tooling, CNC machines, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning of tools, valves, and regulators
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area
- Ensure product quality and conformance to engineering requirements
- Coordinate support from other groups
- Maintain consumable supply inventory
- Help develop and perfect production workstations and processes
- Independently perform testing and experiments and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist engineers with development build ups or tear downs
- High school degree or GED
- 3 years of mechanical assembly experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A&P License
- Experience reading, interpreting and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: layout drawings, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures/work instructions; schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Experience working in the military or at an aviation manufacturing company (spacecraft, aircraft, etc.)
- Electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to travel up to 10 percent (to Hawthorne, CA)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.