SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Global Supply Manager - Electromechanical (PCB, PCBA, Electrical Components)
- Overall management for domestic/international supply base for PCBA solutions; assemblies, electronic parts procurement and ensuring all technical data packages, quality clause and requirements for suppliers are correct.
- Provide guidance to internal customers on Design for Manufacturability and trade analysis for PCBA, conformal coat onboarding requirements and quality.
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess technical capability in the awarding process, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long-term production.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis, including strategic direction, capacity, market and industry position, and risk assessment.
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets, forecasts and maintain cost of Bill of Materials.
- Mitigate single/sole source risks and ensure continuity of supply.
- Collaborate with engineering on design reviews, suppliers on roadmaps, project technical leads on schedule and supplier engineering on quality requirements.
- Negotiate and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics. Be the “go to” resource for Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and New Product Introduction teams when determining best value suppliers, NPI Sourcing plans, make vs. buy, should cost, buy complete strategies, and lead times, etc.
- Facilitate early involvement by our partners in the new product development process to ensure DFX input is incorporated in the development cycle.
- Ensure partners are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material to ensure a successful product development, ramping up and production
- Communicate and prepare value propositions associated with proposals to SpaceX executives, ie. award preparation, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and all critical supply issues
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- 6+ years’ work experience in procurement, manufacturing or related supply chain disciplines
- Technical procurement or planning experience with PCB, PCBA, or electrical components
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience managing large value contracts and global supply base Experience reading technical drawings, Data sheets, Fab Drawing, BOMs and all related PCBA files.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, CNC, Die casting, thermal forming and surface finishes
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.