SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE INTEGRATION SUPERVISOR
- Coordinate and schedule production technicians.
- Enforce schedules, production processes, safety, and area standards.
- Interface with area leadership and prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals.
- Drive continuous improvement and risk reduction in your area.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications and coordinate the disposition of non-conforming product. Aid in investigations and root-cause analysis of any non-conformances.
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Personnel training and development.
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects.
- Optimization of product flow through the factory.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream.
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel.
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full rate production.
- Review plans and technical data packages for manufacturability; provide constructive feedback to engineering/design community.
- Hands-on mechanical/electrical assembly of satellite components and integration of vehicle assembly when required.
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment or 10 years in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret controlled documentation and processes such as: cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD&T, assembly procedures / work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Harness, electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience.
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.