SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BENEFITS COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY POSITION
- Provide support with administration of employee benefit programs, such as medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability insurance, and retirement plans, including new hire orientation and annual open enrollment
- Assist, advise, and counsel employees and dependents on day-to-day benefit-related questions (via email, phone, walk-ups, and drop-in sessions)
- Partner with payroll department to ensure accuracy of benefit deductions
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Health and welfare benefits and retirement plan administration
- Leaves of absence administration
- Workers’ compensation administration
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- SHIFT: 1st shift
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year of human resources experience in a generalist or benefits background
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Human resources certification (PHR) or professional human resources affiliations
- Ability to use independent judgment and prioritize work
- Effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with Workday or other human resources information systems (HRIS)
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Highly collaborative style and strong team orientation
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Bilingual in Spanish
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.