SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
A Cook III is the highest level line cook position before a leadership role. This individual will aid the leadership team in creating menus, orders, and prep lists for the teams in their work area. They will also aid in group coordination and help the lead monitor food quality and consistency. Cook III’s will work directly with the lead of the outlet to maintain and improve the standards of kitchen operations. A Cook III must be a strong communicator, self-motivated, and efficient with time. The Cook III position supports the mission by helping to plan and execute the production of quality food options that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Setting up, working, and maintaining a clean and safe work station
- Helps team meet time and quality standards set by supervisor
- Monitoring quality and consistency of food products
- Effectively communicating team or station needs with leadership and other teams
- Assists in execution of menu writing, prep list creation, and ordering
- Plays key role in training Cook I and Cook II positions on technique and food safety
- Assists in identifying and communicating proper food safety practices to team
- Assists kitchen lead with team coordination and time management
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment and work/storage areas
- Light prep tasks
- High school diploma or GED
- Culinary degree with 5 years industry experience or 7 years industry experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to obtain CA food handlers card
- Ability to obtain Manager ServSafe certificate
- Culinary degree
- Leadership experience
- Experience in corporate environment
- Experience with batch cooking or high volume operations
- Has worked in large team settings
- Customer service or guest interaction experience
- Ability to write menus, prep lists, and create orders effectively
- Advanced knife skills and knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Proficient in all cooking methods, sauce making, and meat and vegetable preparations
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (up to 25 lbs.)
- Able to stand for long periods of time – up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.