SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FACILITIES MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
Facilities mechanical technicians work in a fast paced environment, where the extraordinary becomes the everyday. The ideal candidate will be involved in all aspects facilities operations and maintenance, including new construction and renovation of existing facilities. Cape facilities delivers excellent service and products to our customers. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and team building skills. Candidates will be responsible for operational and design feedback for maintaining and improving all systems at our facilities.
- Maintain and repair facilities systems utilizing mechanical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment associated with: facility plumbing, doors, tile and carpeted floors, suspended ceilings, vacuum and air systems
- Maintain and repair building structural systems and roofs
- Collaborate with engineers and managers to maintain systems in peak operating condition
- Follow all regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality and safety policies
- Develop novel methods to streamline processes to increase reliability of internal processes
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years mechanical and or construction tradesman experience
- Detail oriented, organized, and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to accept directional changes in fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand for extended periods, climb, bend, push and pull
- Open to working extended shift hours, including overtime, and weekends as needed
- Work routinely performed in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Ability to write detailed reports using basic functions of MS Outlook, MS Excel and PC computers
- Proven safety record of safe work practices
- Excellent attitude within a team setting
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’ s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.