SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for passionate, experienced culinary individuals looking to join our Culinary Team! We have a number of food service outlets and formats serving our workforce. As a line cook, you are expected to provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with departmental and company standards along with management expectations.
- Prepare food items, ensuring consistency and compliance with the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
- Provide courteous and informative customer service in an “open kitchen” format, while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean
- Follow restaurant guidelines concerning guest services, food and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- High volume experience
- Daily Changing Menu experience
- Current and valid ServSafe or Food Handler’s card or equivalent
- Friendly customer service attitude
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in continuously-standing position for 5+ hours
- Ability to work with hands continuously: chop, stir, scrape, scrub
- Willingness to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.