SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on electrical and mechanical assemblies, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements
- Identify, document, and resolve production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and pursue corrective action as required
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the propulsion assembly department
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required
- Support quality management system policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years’ experience in a quality inspection role with in a manufacturing company
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or AA in a technical or engineering field
- Experience working with aerospace propulsion assembly installation and testing processes and procedures
- Experience working with material review board and root cause/corrective action systems
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspections using portable measuring devices
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Practical experience working within Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001)
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and weekend as needed
- Must be able to travel for short trips as needed. Up to 10% travel
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.