SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of satellite components and integration of vehicle assembly
- Operation of automated equipment, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Functional testing of built hardware, including setup, instrumentation, test execution, and teardown
- Performing prototype hardware builds with minimal documentation and oversight, and working with engineering and production leadership to influence the designs for manufacturability and reliability
- Managing schedule priorities and independently executing work to meet company deliverables
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using mechanical hand tools and/or automated machinery in a medium-to-high volume production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree
- Aviation mechanic certificate
- Soldering experience
- Composite experience (handling, layup, vacuum bagging, cure)
- Experience maintaining and programming automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with high quality requirements, e.g. military, aerospace, or medical industry
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.