SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Security Applications Administrator (Physical Security)
The mission of the Security Applications Administrator (Physical Security) is to be the subject matter expert and responsible party for all applications and technologies directly supporting the Physical Security organization. This will primarily involve designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise access control, and video surveillance systems.
The Security Applications Administrator (Physical Security) will be responsible for:
- Understanding and documenting the business, compliance, and technical requirements and functionality of systems and applications that support the Physical Security organization, such as video surveillance and access control.
- Navigating third-party systems and software to configure them, as well as troubleshooting data and hardware related issues.
- Planning, organizing, directing, and implementing projects to design, deploy, migrate, integrate, and update the technologies and systems.
- Building and managing the overall system requirements for these applications, and translating them into technical specifications, designs, and configurations while leveraging and collaborating other internal organizations (such as IT, Enterprise Information Systems, and information security) to design, implement, and support the systems.
- Optimizing and scaling the systems through implementing proper high availability, load balancing, and capacity management.
- Interfacing with vendors and integrators to deploy and maintain these technologies.
- Testing and monitoring these technologies to ensure uptime consistent with internal and external requirements associated with operational capabilities. Building, operating, and owning procedures to support availability and performance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, or software related discipline, may substitute degree with 5+ years of experience working as an IT systems administrator.
- Experience with automation scripting with languages such as Powershell, Bash, Python, or Perl.
- Experience maintaining third-party applications.
- Experience with Windows operating systems in an enterprise environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control, CCTV, IP video, surveillance systems, fire alarm and life safety systems.
- Experience with Avigilon and Lenel software suites and applicable certifications.
- Experience developing real-time software programs, and testing and monitoring their performance in a production environment.
- Experience maintaining third-party applications on top of Microsoft enterprise technologies (Windows Server, MSQL, etc).
- Familiarity with network communication protocols, and experience troubleshooting them.
- Understanding of SQL and Database technologies.
- Experience maintaining highly available systems distributed across multiple geographic zones.
- Baseline understanding of how to install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team but operate autonomously to complete project.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. for duties such as UPS battery replacement, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary
- Ability to travel to the various SpaceX sites as needed
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.