SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Supervisor, Fulfillment Center (2nd Shift)
The Materials Management’s Fulfillment Center organization is a crucial part of Supply Chain managing over 40,000 part numbers critical to build and launch rockets in to space. Our goal is to become a leader in inventory performance with high inventory accuracy and kitting efficiency. The Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and exceeding customer expectations by leading continuous improvement to improve all aspects of Fulfillment Center management.
- Perform administrative duties, including but not limited to, approving timecards, scheduling, periodic reviews, supply ordering, one-on-one mentoring and training of direct reports
- Support and maintain metric goals and objectives for fulfillment centers
- Conduct regular safety walkthroughs, address safety issues, and promote safety policies
- Implement best inventory practices including but not limited to best kitting, picking, storing, and cycle counting practices in accordance with procedures
- Interface with Shipping, Receiving, Quality Control, Planning, Purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Be the focal point for area audits and other events pertaining to the responsible fulfillment centers
- Ensure that a clean and organized work area is maintained by making continuous improvements to workspace design
- Supervise the responsible fulfillment center team
- Foster an environment where change is embraced and ideas are respected, supported, vetted and ultimately implemented (if deemed appropriate)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university and 2 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position; or 4 years minimum experience in a materials/supply chain position
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- APICS certification – CPIM or CSCP desired.
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications would be a plus).
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, automotive manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to operate forklift equipment
- Lifting up to 30lbs., standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Position requires long hours and some nights and weekends when needed
- Position covers 2nd shift hours of operation
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.