SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY OFFICER – LEVEL 1
Security Officers are dedicated security professionals with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced high tech environment. Security Officers work as a team, patrolling the company’s Cape Canaveral based properties via vehicle and foot and/or ensuring security at a series of fixed locations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as company regulations.
- Serve as operator in the conduct of static guard posts
- Support the execution of plans in support of SpaceX Operations
- Participate in advanced security training
- Conduct research and analysis in support of SpaceX security missions
- Observe area of responsibility and report any suspicious behavior to the Operations Center
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Execute security support as dictated by SpaceX Security Leadership
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 Year Security Officer experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Shown aptitude to work as a team
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Experience with SpaceX Security
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
- Computer based proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Extensive team oriented experience
- An intense interest in protecting the future of spaceflight
- Foreign language proficiency
- Availability to work rotating schedule of 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours/day
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability and willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.