SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Security Coordinator provides the critical first impression of the organization and its security requirements for employees, customers, vendors, and guests at each of its facilities. SpaceX leadership depends on the professionalism and character of our Security Coordinators to welcome, assist, and act as a comprehensive source of SpaceX information, while ensuring the safety and security of its Cape Canaveral facilities and operations overall.
- Act as the first point of contact, guide, and/or escort for employees, customers, vendors, and guests at SpaceX facilities
- Ensure thorough knowledge and effective implementation of all access control, escort, and tour protocols and procedures for employees, customers, vendors, and guests at SpaceX facilities
- Coordinate with Security leadership and the SpaceX Protective Operations Center (SPOC) as necessary to:
- Initiate timely and effective notifications and response measures for incidents or emergencies
- Assist emergency response personnel dispatched to a SpaceX site
- Monitor site surveillance camera system
- Prepare clear and concise written incident reports
- Report maintenance, facility, and technology issues and alarms
- Build collaborative working relationships with other SpaceX departments or teams (including, but not limited to, Facilities, Human Resources, and Employee Health & Safety), SpaceX leadership, and—where applicable—with landlords and building owners, regarding day-to-day security operations, as well as special events or emergency situations
- Due to the various type and scope of operations performed and sites utilized at SpaceX, Security Coordinator responsibilities may vary at each campus in order to ensure the most effective and secure operations at all sites. This may include, but is not limited to: standing post, escort duty, tours, and various tasks as directed
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience working in a customer service or facility security related capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong customer service and relationship/team-building skills
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
- Impeccable character and integrity
- Prior military, law enforcement, or security-related experience
- Active First Aid/CPR/AED certifications
- Valid driver license with favorable driving record
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Availability to work rotating schedule of 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours/day
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability and willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.