SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY HARDWARE SPECIALIST
The Security Hardware Specialist designs, develops, and administers full implementation of project oversight for physical security hardware installation within SpaceX facilities, including security system infrastructure and security video equipment. This individual will develops plans, organize, and oversee project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects and surveillance camera assets. They will implement installation and oversee security facilities’ projects by vendors as needed. They are responsible for the quality of final system(s) installation for assurance that it meets SpaceX security standards. This person will maintain documentation on security facility projects and change orders. They will also be responsible for developing and providing training for the site Security team members on use of access control systems and camera assets.
- Develop the initial design plan for access, intrusion, and camera installation of the SpaceX Texas facilities
- Responsible for the site project activation plan and schedule to ensure timely project completion
- Prepare scope of work and independent cost estimates on small contracted maintenance and repair projects for the Site Security Manager
- Source, select, and monitor the performance of vendors
- Responsible for the oversight of vendor scheduling, installation, and subcontracting activities on large and complex facility security system infrastructure
- Monitor end of week reports from vendors to ensure timely project completion and that problems/issues are identified and addressed immediately
- Maintain current job plans and specifications
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and services; and control and monitor the timely delivery to the site
- Maintain documentation of job status, job change revisions, material flow, and other project records
- Direct report to Security Manager for status updates of project progress
- Tracks changes to the scope of work as requested by local management; ensure recording and documentation of such change requests
- Routinely monitor and walks job sites to ensure quality installation
- Perform required maintenance of all security equipment assets
- Respond real-time in the event of equipment damage or compromise
- Represent department staff at meetings for project coordination required on existing and new equipment asset areas
- 5 years of experience working in the security hardware installation/access control/closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Certification in physical security competency, access control systems, and camera/video installation systems
- Existing knowledge of Lenel access control software, Avigilon digital camera software, and Microsoft ISIO
- Skilled at applying project management techniques and principles
- Proficient at monitoring and tracking of program/project operating budgets, costs, and schedules
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public
- Ability to work autonomously and to execute assignments under only general supervision
- Willingness to work all hours
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and be on your feet for a significant period of time
- Ability to pass background screening for access to facilities housed on Department of Defense (DOD) installations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.