SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Planner - Satellites
Material Planning lies at the heart of SpaceX, where our world-class rockets and spacecraft are built at unprecedented rates. This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow for the Starlink satellite constellation. Working in close coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing departments, Material Planners execute effective organization management and supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. With spacecraft integration taking place in-house, Material Planners are able to see their assemblies come to life every day!
We are seeking exceptional planners with demonstrated experience in MRP (Material Requirements Planning), supply chain practices, project management, and multi-layer contract manufacturing. We need forward thinkers who can stay ahead of material shortages by working cross-functionally to come up with creative solutions, both internally and externally. One must also be able to inquire, improve, and interpret quality data signals to influence insightful decisions by senior leadership. Help us launch the first broadband internet constellation humankind has ever seen, and catalyze the race to Mars!
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering or similar technical discipline
- 2 years of professional experience in material planning, operations management, supply chain management, or master scheduling; or 2 years of applicable internship experience in the same fields
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems, and with managing bill of materials and work orders
- APICS certification, Six Sigma certification, or similar certifications
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment, both independently and in a team
- Demonstrated efficiency in time management, interpersonal communication, and organization
- Strong skills in data analysis using Excel, SQL, PowerBI and Tableau
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.