SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for RF/Microwave engineers of all levels for their Seattle office. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary test team consisting of RF engineers and software engineers focused on developing test hardware, test systems and software for test and characterization of our in-house developed RFIC's and RF components.
As an RF/Microwave engineer in test you will work closely with the RF and RFIC teams to develop the RF components and to drive test requirements into the designs. You will develop hardware and test systems to test and characterize the components/systems and work to identify issues and improvements in the designs.
- Design and build unique and technically-challenging automated measurement systems, including both hardware and software design.
- Design RF hardware around the RFIC's for the purpose of testing. This may include RF PCB's, sockets for RFICs and test coupons for passive sub-system and material characterization.
- Conduct design of experiments on the RFIC/MMIC designs, e.g. bond wire tolerance, IC corner lot test and custom packaging development for the purpose of testing the components.
- Collaborating with the RF/RFIC engineers to enable testability and create chip designs that are easily testable.
- Analyzing collected data and collaborating with RF/RFIC engineers to understand device performance and help resolve design issues.
- Supporting implementation of the RFICs by creating documentation, datasheets and fully-tested reference designs.
- Work with manufacturing test engineers on production testing of RF components and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with emphasis in RF/microwave circuits or electromagnetic theory.
- 2+ years of work experience with RF passive components such as hybrid couplers, power dividers and directional couplers.
- Previous work experience with digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK and QAM.
- Previous experience with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator and network analyzers.
- 2+ years of RF/microwave circuit and EM design experience using ADS, Genesys, HFSS, or AWR Microwave Office.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering.
- Familiarity with MATLAB and/or JMP for data analysis.
- Experience in software development in a high level language like C#/MATLAB/Python/C++ or similar.
- RF/microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band, and Ka-band frequency range.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.