SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Valve Factory team develops and builds the most advanced spacecraft and launch vehicle components in the world. Machinists in this group will work directly with production and engineering to develop in-house machining capabilities for these complex valves, actuators, and other fluid control devices on our spacecraft and launch vehicles, with 800+ components on Falcon 9 and 300+ components on Dragon. These components use a variety of materials and have tightly controlled dimensional and surface finish requirements. The Valves Machining Center will be responsible for developing the capability and processes to produce this hardware at rate meeting our internal quality requirements.
- Use of Esprit to program and generate G-Code for Okuma mill-turn lathes
- Help develop and utilize CAM database for more efficient new part programming
- Create tooling and process setup sheets for new part introduction
- Set-up, operate, and prove-out programs on Okuma mill-turn lathes
- Offer suggestions on drawing changes to improve manufacturability
- Maintain specifications by working with complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in CAM programming
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of CNC programming experience using Esprit CAM software
- Experience with Okuma OSP controls
- Experience running multi-axis lathes and mills
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.