SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Support non-flight purchase requirements as needed
- Collect and understand customer requirements
- Request and compare quotes from suppliers
- Issue purchase orders and revisions
- Follow-up with supplier to obtain acknowledgement of purchase orders and promise dates for new purchase orders
- Proactively provide updates to SpaceX management and internal customers on all critical supply issues
- Assist with preparation of scorecard reviews with key suppliers
- Resolve invoices issues
- Maintain current supplier contact information
- Lead miscellaneous procurement projects
- Solicit and on-board new suppliers to support unique requirements
- Bachelor's degree. Applicants who will complete their bachelor’s degree within 4 months of applying to this position will also meet this requirement
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Experience within purchasing, supply chain, or a similar field
- Demonstrated success with managing a project/program to completion
- Advanced Excel knowledge and/or programming experience
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Tableau
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.