SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NDE (NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION) LEVEL II TECHNICIAN, EDDY CURRENT
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced NDE machines
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production & engineering teams
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Support research and development of future NDE technology for operational improvements
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Level II NDE/NDT technician
- Level II Eddy Current certification in line with NAS–410/ASNT–TC-1A guidance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Operational experience utilizing eddy current systems for the inspection of weldments
- Operational experience in the use of single coil inspection probes and associated systems
- Knowledge of UTEX InspectionWare software or equivalent
- Hands-on experience using portable digital equipment: Olympus EPOCH 600, USM Go/USM Go+ scopes
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM standards
- Experience with problem solving tools and techniques including: practical problem solving (PPS), and eight disciplines (8D)
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5s, Kaizen, continuous improvement initiatives
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted; bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time; climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends if needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.