SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
- Support launch vehicle and spacecraft electrical power system modeling, simulation, integration, and testing.
- Support electrical power system architecture determination and perform trade studies using simulation tools.
- Analyze and verify vehicle electrical power modes and power budget. Develop load models.
- Perform satellite energy balance analysis including photovoltaic and battery modeling.
- Model electrical power system performance and support component requirement generation including power generation, energy storage, and power distribution sizing.
- Support and run electrical power system verification testing using integrated system test bed.
- Support design and development of integrated test beds.
- Analyze and track electrical power system key performance metrics during system design phase.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Experience with analysis and testing of DC power systems (batteries, solar arrays, and DC-DC converters).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or PhD in an engineering or science discipline.
- Familiarity with spacecraft electrical power systems and knowledge of space environment effects.
- Experience using software tools such as Matlab, Excel, and Python for numerical analysis and simulation.
- Proficient in data visualization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.