SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
- Lead architecture, design, analysis, and test of digital spacecraft hardware.
- Work with system leads to derive hardware requirements and support integration and test activities.
- Duties include leading engineering strategy, performing design reviews, coordinating work with other engineers, component selection, hardware schematic entry, and circuit performance analysis.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of engineers to design hardware for reliability, manufacturability, and test.
- Lead hardware qualification efforts.
- Create and maintain schedules for development activities and keep management and peers informed of status.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and development of high-speed board level circuits.
- Experience with board design, circuit modeling and simulation, derating analysis and worst-case circuit analysis.
- Experience leading a hardware project from cradle to grave within the last 2 years.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or PhD in electrical engineering.
- Passion for hardware simulation and development.
- Hands-on engineer and excited to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience multi gigabit SERDES and Ethernet.
- Experience with DRAM, flash memory, FPGAs and MPSoCs.
- Familiarity with component selection and hardware testing for space applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.