SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Senior Network Security Engineer
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Senior Network Security Engineer with knowledge and broad experience across networking technologies (switching, routing, wireless, firewalls, VPNs, content inspection, etc) and an ability to advise on them with security best practices in mind. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and will work with various functional groups on gathering requirements, evaluating, designing, implementing, and supporting solutions that meet security requirements and support the Information Security mission. This will involve heavy cooperation and coordination with the SpaceX Networking and Telecommunications team. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Consult with various business and support teams at SpaceX on designing, building, and maintaining secure networks.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain network technologies that support the security of information and systems at SpaceX. This could include but is not limited to:
- Network-based IDS/IPS Systems
- Network-layer Firewalls
- Application-layer Firewalls
- Network Access Control Systems
- Maintain and administrate applications built on top of Linux operating systems.
- Must understand and communicate difficult concepts and provide instructions in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in network design, monitoring, and security in an enterprise level environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expert working knowledge (setting up, upgrading, and troubleshooting) of routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Network Access Control systems (e.g. 802.1x)
- Expertise with network-based monitoring and security solutions. (IDS/IPS systems, Netflow, et cetera)
- Experience creating repeatable, reliable, and scalable network solutions with high availability and fault tolerance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.