SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Global Supply Manager (Mechanical Assemblies)
- Develop and execute a market leading sourcing strategy in Mechanical enclosure category via full market knowledge, supplier rationalization and industry leading pricing plan, and total cost ownership
- Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ’s. Partner with internal stakeholders to run the RF-x process and evaluation. Present RF-X result to internal team and drive a closure for sourcing decision
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts. Ability to develop should-cost models for competitive cost analysis
- Manage supply base from concept to end of life to ensure Continuity of Supply(COS) with the right materials driving plan in place and on time delivery, on Quality
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Drive internal and external continuous process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Facilitate early involvement by our partners in the new product development process to ensure DFX input is incorporated in the development cycle.
- Ensure partners are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material to ensure a successful product development, ramping up and production
- Communicate and prepare value propositions associated with proposals to SpaceX executives, ie. award preparation, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and all critical supply issues
- Develop, Foster, manage, and maintain strong suppliers partnerships
- Implement analytical data management tool to manage suppliers’ performance matrix
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- 6+ years’ work experience in procurement, manufacturing or related supply chain disciplines
- Experience with mechanical, material and processes
- Experience in managing outsourcing contract manufacturing partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Prior experience managing mechanical enclosure sourcing category
- Knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, CNC, Die casting, thermal forming and surface finishes
- Technical procurement, product development, NPI, manufacturing and negotiating high volume products
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.