SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Global Supply Manager (Contract Manufacturing)
- Develop and execute global contract manufacturing services sourcing strategy for satellite terrestrial system and related hardware products
- Conduct comprehensive global contract manufacturing supply base analysis to formulate a sourcing plan that includes strategic direction, technology roadmaps, price trends, market and industry position, and risk assessment
- Create engagement strategy and framework for various contract manufacturing service models, ODM, OEM and JDM to meet business requirements
- Manage purchase orders and follow through the project milestones for on time delivery and quality conformance
- Survey supplier facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment in support of new product development, mass production and product warranty and repair services
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts. Ability to develop should-cost models for competitive cost analysis
- Deliver best in class TCO (total cost ownership)
- Negotiate global competitive sourcing programs and source alternative suppliers for all materials, components and manufacturing services related to Satellite terrestrial systems including mitigation of sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Collaboratively work with engineering and supply chain team on sourcing strategy, supplier roadmaps, market analysis and conducting design & cost trade-off analysis review
- Drive internal and external continuous process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Facilitate early involvement by our CM partners in the new product development process to ensure DFX input is incorporated in the development cycle.
- Ensure CM partners are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material, test plan for clean to build (CTB)
- Work with supply chain planning team to translate demand forecast into a monthly master production plan schedule and 12 months rolling forecast
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms, including responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property, warranty, and export compliance
- Prepare, issue, and analyze RFx packages for one-time and ongoing project requirements
- Communicate and prepare value propositions associated with proposals to SpaceX executives, ie. award preparation, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and all critical supply issues
- Develop, Foster, manage, and maintain strong suppliers partnerships
- Implement analytical data management tool to manage suppliers’ performance matrix
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- 6+ years’ work experience in procurement, manufacturing or related supply chain disciplines
- Experience with SMT (surface mount technology) and FATP (final assembly, test, and pack) assembly processes
- Experience in managing outsourcing contract manufacturing partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Prior experience managing Contract Manufacturing
- Knowledge of SMT, Testing and Final Assembly processes
- Technical procurement, product development, NPI, manufacturing and negotiating high volume electronic, assemblies and warranty services
- Logistics operations, VMI program management and export compliance experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.