SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The SpaceX Avionics team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer that will design and develop software tools in support of spacecraft development. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
- Development of frameworks and tools to aid in design and testing of electronics hardware
- Development of embedded software to be run on avionics devices under test
- Development of test data storage and analysis tools
- Development of instrumentation device drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or other technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience with Python, C++, Java, C# or similar language
- Experience with development in both Linux and Windows
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (object oriented programming, networking, version control)
- Basic proficiency in electrical engineering concepts and lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, spectrum analyzers, and power supplies
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience with SQL
- Basic understanding of statistics and data visualization
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.