SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (ELECTROMECHANICAL)
- Technical management of custom part suppliers for PCB and PCBA commodities
- Collaborate with sourcing team to strategically source parts matched with supplier competencies
- Develop and maintain supplier audit system to meet product and business requirements
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality system to provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies.
- Lead Operations interface with other NPI support functions such as Procurement, Design Engineering, Reliability, and Supplier Quality
- Support the design team via participation in design reviews, DFM, DFx, and FMEAs
- Implement and monitor production part approval process (PPAP)
- Support prototype, pilot, and mass production activities at domestic and international vendors
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends and pinpoint systemic performance gaps and root causes
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities
- Manage supplier improvement plans
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing, or engineering
- 2+ years of experience in high volume consumer products
- Experience with PCB fabrication and/or SMT (surface mount technology) assembly of PCBAs
- Experience with Quality Management Systems standards (ISO 9001 and IPC)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, or materials science engineering
- Advanced degree in business or engineering
- Experience in medium to high volume, high-complexity products and NPI
- Familiarity in APQP tools such as: process map, PFMEA, MSA, DOE, SPC, and Control Plans
- Knowledge of PPAP and FAIR
- Disciplined approach to problem solving - 8D
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and report writing
- Familiarity with MiniTab or JMP and knowledge of statistics to support volume manufacturing
- Knowledge of lean concepts or Sig Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management)
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- Ability to work long hours and some nights and weekends when needed
- Ability to travel - up to 60-75% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Valid driver’s license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.