SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ORBITAL TUBE WELDER (DRAGON FLUID SYSTEMS)
- Follow established procedures and work instructions to complete orbital tube welds on Dragon Fluids Systems.
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation.
- Understand the quality requirements for orbital tube welds and be able to detect defects.
- Final install welded assemblies which will include torquing down assemblies and also applying adhesives to water seal mechanical connections.
- Pneumatically test assemblies post welding.
- Maintain a clean work area including the internals of the tubes and components being welded.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with at least 1 of the below:
- Certification from a formal orbital weld training program.
- 3 years of orbital welding experience.
- Experience with TIG welding on aerospace materials such as Titanium, Stainless Steel, or Inconel.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years’ experience working in aerospace welding environment.
- 3 years’ experience pneumatically testing welded assemblies or components.
- Experience using a mass spectrometer.
- Experience in a clean room environment.
- Air-frame and power plant license.
- Must be open to working all shift hours, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.