SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DRAGON CONTROLLER, INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER
Serving as a bridge between the Dragon Development and Operations teams, Dragon Controllers develop a rigorous understanding of the vehicles systems and empower mission success. As a Dragon Controller you’ll help develop, execute, and automate test procedures that evaluate the flightworthiness of our Dragon and Dragon 2 spacecraft.
- Plan and execute day-to-day vehicle integration and test campaigns.
- Act as vehicle controller and test conductor during space vehicle integrated system tests.
- Develop automated test scripts to improve pace and repeatability of system test procedures.
- Send commands, monitor telemetry, react to anomalies, and recommend and execute procedure deviations, etc.
- Contribute to automated test hardware/software infrastructure as necessary for automated test development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in a test/automation/integration engineering role (including internships, design/build/compete project teams).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience in control and monitoring of complex automated systems and risk assessment/reduction of the system.
- Proficiency with programming in Python.
- Competency in analog and digital circuits, fluids, statics and mechanics, sensors and instrumentation, data acquisition, and software.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.