SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MISSION INTEGRATION ENGINEER (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
SpaceX services a diverse range of clients and their payloads. Missions supporting scientific research, classified national security space, and commercial opportunities are all in work. As we expand our classified mission manifest, we are looking for new systems-minded engineers to join our programmatic team.
As a member of our Mission Management team, you will serve as a core point of contact for customers from early capabilities studies through successful launch and on-orbit activation. You’ll support new business proposals from initial requirements verification through mission design, prototype development, and test. You’ll work directly with a small team of subject matter experts from diverse fields to quickly iterate on deployable solutions and ensure they meet all customer needs. Our development timelines are aggressive and you will be asked to rigorously explore solutions for previously unsolved problems. Our ideal candidate has a passion for making things work, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Distill customer requirements into actionable development objectives.
- Collaborate with other subsystem representatives across team boundaries to consider all necessary trades and ensure end-to-end mission success.
- Support all phases of development from initial proposal development through successful test, flight, and on-orbit commissioning.
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to drive prototype development.
- Help lead mission planning and GNC design for respective missions.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project master schedules and regularly report modifications to customer.
- Help lead all customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer’s expectation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
- At least 2 years of technical project management experience.
- At least 2 years of systems-level engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience working hands-on with hardware or software technical projects.
- Professional experience working with launch vehicles or spacecraft.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering or business field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with direct experience negotiating technical deliverables or scope.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers.
- At least 3 years of experience working with government, NASA, or commercial launch entities.
- Highly detail oriented, diligent and hardworking.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.