SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST - DRAGON MECHANICAL SUBASSEMBLIES
- Create high-quality work orders, engineering masters, and other Manufacturing Resource Planning and Product Lifecycle Management system elements to manufacture Dragon mechanical subassemblies
- Resolve manufacturing discrepancies and interface with the manufacturing engineering and build reliability teams to implement cost-effective solutions
- Work with production supervisors and Leads to defeat daily shop floor roadblocks and resolve emergent issues
- Support mechanism and subassembly development builds and testing
- This can include test equipment design, process design, physical test operations, assembly and disassembly, and inspection
- Identify the need for shop aids and tooling that will increase work center productivity
- Ensure design and implementation solutions are in-line with training and skillsets
- Implement standard practices, troubleshooting guides, and standard repair procedures
- Identify and implement shop floor layout improvements as well as storage and organizational improvements
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and process planning or technician role
- 4 years total experience working in an aerospace manufacturing technician, planning, or direct support role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, or science
- Solid understanding of assembly and subassembly fabrication techniques
- Experience taking products through development cycle to full volume production
- Understanding of common manufacturing processes and machines, including mills, lathes, manual and CNC
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Experience with Siemens NX (UG) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems is preferred
- Process development, facility and line layouts
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, PFMEA, Value Chain Mapping, Kanban, OEE and 5S
- Able to lift a minimum of 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.