SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manufacturing Engineer, PCBA Test
- Determine the best methods for PCBA board level electrical testing
- Automate different testing strategies in a high product mix PCBA build environment.
- Support PCBA level test equipment and processes including flying probe, 3D X-Ray, AOI and design specific test stations
- Develop, deploy, and support JTAG based test and software programming tools and processes
- Create and support factory automation software
- Assist with PCBA defect root cause analysis and defect countermeasure implementation
- Assist with PCBA factory equipment installation
- Train production personnel on new equipment operation
- Develop Design for test standards to improve product design
- Develop test coverage documentation for new products
- Develop spare parts plans for test and PCBA build equipment
- Facilitate a close relationship with Engineering during design, build, and test to provide design feedback
- Provide clear communication between Engineering and Production floor
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools recommend improvements in production methods, standards, tooling, equipment, layout, procedures, product designs and employee efficiency
- Support the transition of engineering projects from development to volume production
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance and cost
- Work with design team in response to manufacturing problems, parts obsolescence and minor requirement changes.
- Prepare and maintain documentation required to ensure efficient production of manufacturing and integration.
- Participate in design reviews to conduct DFM, DFA and DFT recommendations with innovative and cost effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or engineering related field
- 2 years of manufacturing product testing experience
- JTAG boundary scan chip level testing experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform component level electrical troubleshooting and root cause
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics
- Basic familiarity with IPC standards
- Demonstrate ability to apply Six-Sigma, Kaizen and 5S techniques to improve manufacturability Hands-on electronic, electro-mechanical work
- A demonstrated record of working in a fast paced, high-technology environment
- A strong commitment to achieving goals and hitting deadlines
- A self-motivated, self-starter, able to understand and synthesize project , team and customer needs
- Strong team ethic, positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good grasp of financial aspects of manufacturing
- Ability to write clear reports and present information to senior management
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python, or Visual basic
- Familiarity with administration and querying of SQL databases
- Basic understand of PCB layout processes
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.