SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - MACHINING OPERATIONS
- Resolve, analyze and solve manufacturing discrepancies, while interfacing with the quality team (resolving issues for design, fabrication, and assembly)
- Aggressively drive and implement process improvements to reduce assembly hours and build cost
- Oversee introduction and implementation of new products and products revisions, frequently multiple at a given time.
- Liaison between production staff, quality, and design engineering for complex problem solving and process changes.
- Create and design new methods for machining large structural components with a focus on throughput and quality.
- Program in nc and probe routines as needed to backup current programming staff.
- Fully develop and implement future state production systems for all products
- Create capital/facility justifications for large projects and manage through implementation and runoff
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, or metallurgical/materials science engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of professional working experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with CNC, multi-axis milling, and turning technology
- Experience supporting a production machine shop
- Design of hydraulic/pneumatic fixtures for unattended production processes
- Lean manufacturing training or experience
- CAD experience (NX & Teamcenter a plus)
- Strong understanding of NC programming, CMM programming, PLC programming
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- This is a hands-on position that requires one to be on their feet for up to 4+ hours a day. Will sometimes be working directly with the hardware on the floor and will have to be comfortable stooping, bending, and standing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.