SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Process Development Engineers work with our Build Reliability Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Production teams to ensure that we are prioritizing and solving the most important production problems. They create and implement new processes and build the tools and metrics used across SpaceX to monitor production quality and direct problem solving activities.
- Use data-driven methodologies, work with Build Reliability, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production to identify and address production quality trends.
- Use SQL, Tableau, Excel, and other software, design and build tools that provide transparency of production quality landscape and inform project prioritization.
- Prepare and lead quality reviews with product teams and leadership. Drive standardization that makes these reviews as efficient and effective as possible.
- Monitor and drive closure of actions associated with defect trends and quality reviews.
- Recommend updates to internal systems and data capture methods to ensure data integrity and/or effective analysis.
- Collaborate across disciplines including Engineering, Production, Test, Launch, Supply Chain, Customer Contracts, and Management to ensure production efficiency, reliability, and consistency across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline.
- 1 year of professional experience utilizing SQL or VBA.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in a quality engineering or industrial engineering role.
- Knowledge of database structures and data retrieval with specific emphasis on SQL.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software (e.g. Looker, Lumira).
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, or similar Quality Management System.
- Experience supporting production of complex electro-mechanical systems in high volume work centers and/or during production ramp-up.
- Knowledge of lean and quality tools such as Process Mapping, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, and various problem solving approaches.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as design of experiments (DOE), statistical process control (SPC), analysis of variance (ANOVA), regression analysis, and associated software (e.g. Minitab, NCSS, SAS).
- Dedicated to adopting a Lean approach to quality without compromising safety or reliability.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.