SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL RECRUITER (MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)
As a SpaceX recruiter, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding world class candidates to fill mission-critical positions. In many cases, you will be a candidates’ first encounter with SpaceX and you will be trusted to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. While you will be expected to function with a high degree of autonomy, we work in teams to leverage our collective strengths in order to support SpaceX’s ambitious goals. While you are not expected to simply go it alone, you are expected to show initiative, take responsibility, and drive tasks to completion.
Your days will be highly dynamic as hiring priorities shift and new needs emerge, but the core set of activities you can expect to execute include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities outlined below.
- Meet with your client groups to discuss headcount, new requisitions, hiring strategy, and interview feedback – you will be a partner to your clients helping to create consistency in the hiring process, empower succession planning, eliminate bias, identify skill gaps, and determine the best course of action. You will function as the talent acquisition expert rather than merely responding to orders
- Screen candidates who apply to requisitions – we are fortunate to receive many incredible job applicants and must efficiently sift through applications to provide quick feedback to applicants and identify stellar talent
- Source candidates on sites such as LinkedIn – many of the best candidates are not actively looking for work so you’ll scour the planet to introduce top talent to dream jobs they didn’t even know they wanted
- Present candidates you have screened to your client groups and develop interview plans to properly assess culture and technical fit
- Give tours to candidates before their onsite interview – with the majority of all rocket and spacecraft production taking place in our Hawthorne facility, you’ll have the chance to share all of the exciting things going on at SpaceX to each candidate that visits
- Attend interviews alongside your client groups to help evaluate candidates and better coach interviewers
- Kick-off onboarding – once candidates are approved for hire, you will begin the onboarding process including initiating background checks, completing reference checks, negotiating offer packages, and extending offer letters.
Some days you will have multiple candidates coming onsite for interviews and you will spend your day giving tours and coordinating the candidate experience. Other days, you will need to fill your candidate pipeline and will spend the majority of the day screening/sourcing candidates. No day is the same here and the pace moves fast. Ultimately your job is to effectively attract, organize, and manage the flow of the country’s most talented individuals to help advance the mission to Mars!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of technical recruiting experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with in-house recruiting
- Experience recruiting mechanical and aerospace engineers
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including Director and VP level technical leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
- Available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.