SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY ENGINEER – QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the sourcing, planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation of all raw materials and components needed to build our revolutionary spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our mission is to get the right part in the right place at the right time, every time.
As a Quality Engineer, you will ensure that Quality Systems, Procedure and Processes are in place to ensure the products procured are reliable and meet SpaceX Quality requirements. Through successive cross-functional projects, you would build a deep understanding of SpaceX systems and processes and become a critical voice in the development of group and company strategy.
To be successful, you will need:
- A passion for continuous improvement and a patience to shepherd ideas from initial requirements through execution
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and step into unknown situations to understand the current state and most optimal path forward
- An ability to lead groups in creating and refining ideas or solutions to problems, communicating the benefits of change, and keeping related projects on track
- An ability to lead teams and projects, help develop strategy, drive cross-functional team accountability, and deliver results
- Manage, revise and maintain Supply Chain quality systems to ensure successful AS 9100 certification is maintained through standardized data management processes including revision and maintenance of documents
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports. Assist in process certification
- Prepare, coordinate and represent the company during 3rd party, regulatory and surveillance audits, as well as conducting offsite audits of co-manufacturers, suppliers and warehouses
- Lead cross-functional process review meetings to understand stakeholder requirements and update/implement new processes that illustrate performance against key performance indicators and provide expertise regarding process improvements and non-conformities
- Represent SpaceX Supply Chain in reviews and interactions with NASA, US Air Force and other SpaceX customers
- Support, develop and improve our Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions (CAPA) system
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented
- Collaborate with multiple organizations to identify improvement opportunities and lead, manage and execute improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- 2+ years of experience in quality systems, quality assurance/control, and/or manufacturing/production
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9000 and/or Nadcap AC7004
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or supply chain
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
- Previous leadership experience
- SQL, software development & project management, process flow mapping, material planning systems, warehouse management systems
- Ability to think big, align teams and organizations behind a goal, and execute with sustained results
- Lean and six sigma experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.