SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD TUBE BENDER – PRECISION TUBE FABRICATION
As a leader on the SpaceX precision tube fabrication team, you will be responsible for the successful coordination of a complex production system with challenging demands for supporting nearly every project responsible for building the individual parts that make up Falcon 9, Fairing and Dragon Spacecraft as well as all SpaceX development projects, launch pad operations and engine testing.
- Coordinate activity with technicians and support functions through all Tube Bending operations
- Set-up, operate and supervise operation of all Tube Bending equipment while working to close tolerances. Work closely with Engineering to prove out designs to blueprint with minimum fixtures
- Record production data supporting metrics for Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Continuous improvement. Develop and manage actions to improve trends
- Engage Tube Bending staff and support functions in regular meetings to share information, deliver expectations and to drive actions
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years aerospace tube bending experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong competency in SpaceX systems and infrastructure
- Experience working with thin walled tubing
- Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Formal training in lean/continuous improvement tools
- Previous production leadership experience in aerospace industry
- Must be able to set up and operate tube fabrication equipment
- Able to interpret blue prints and articulate work instructions
- Work to close tolerances
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime including weekends and holidays as required
- Must have recent experience working in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.