SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
SpaceX is looking for a Network Security Engineer with knowledge and experience working with network security technologies (firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, etc.) and a drive to expand their knowledge and experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and work closely with various business groups to enact changes and find creative solutions to improve SpaceX’s security posture. The ideal candidate will be flexible, excel at multi-tasking, and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess the ingenuity to excel in this position.
- Review and enact changes to security appliances, based on operational requirements.
- Work to find creative network solutions for operational needs that present security challenges.
- Maintain and administrate network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks.
- Work with other SpaceX teams to determine functional needs and communicate security policies.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- 1+ year of experience in a professional environment working with networking technologies or network-specific internship experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Firewalls (various vendors)
- Network IDS/IPS Solutions
- Switch/Router ACLs
- Network Access Control solutions
- IPSec and TLS -based VPNs
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI Model.
- Experience testing and implementing changes in a production environment.
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.