SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, development and test of space hardened avionics hardware that will support the functions of our launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Duties include subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and signal characterization
- Support through production and test
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 2+ years of professional experience with CPU-based circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or other engineering discipline
- Professional experience with analog, digital or mixed-signal design principles including, designs using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors
- Professional experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components and design, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- 5+ years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems -- not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (C/C++, Matlab, Assembly language)
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willing to work weekends and extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.